Sunday, November 2, 2008

There isn't much better...

I, my friends, have a wonderfully amazing, amazingly wonderful husband. Not only does he put up with me (and continues to love me like nothing else) but he puts up with my rampant, exuberant ideas that (as I am) must be dealt with quickly and precisely before I contrive them into even bigger, more flamboyant affairs.

Photobucket

Exhibit A: Picture sometime a little over a week ago. I, Kristin, get some random thought to make blankets. Not for any particular purpose, just to do so. Within days I had been to Lakewood and back, my mom's sewing machine in hand, and had already produced (mind you, with no previous experience, books, patterns, or any other form of aid) two flannel baby blankets (cowboy material, of course) and a quilt. Rob, my dashing sugar daddy (who provides the income for my absurd endeavors) was pretty impressed and set about helping me pick out various fabrics for blankets to be given as Christmas presents. As if I don't have enough 'projects to keep me busy...'

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Exhibit B: The weekend before Halloween, 9PM, Sunday night. T minus one hour from Rob's bedtime (one and a half, worse case scenario.) I had come back from a quick trip to Lakewood (yes, the same trip in which I became temporary custodian of my mothers sewing machine) late the night before, and he had worked a long, hard (not to mention all day) Saturday. That morning, we were both utterly exhausted; we dragged ourselves out of bed at a seemingly outragously early 9am, off to walk the dogs, a few errands, and back home to carve pumpkins.

Photobucket

However, upon the arrival of home, we decided we would much rather just laze around, watch some tv, maybe read a bit, have some dinner and crash for the long week ahead. This suited me, Kristin, just fine until around 8:30 or so when I brought in the Halloween decorations my mom had loaned us (as ours are in a storage unit in Spokane) and began putting them up. I find the Halloween CD my parents used to play every Halloween and gently request Rob cease his video game and let me play the CD while we finish decorating for Halloween.

Photobucket

Then, of course, since I am in the spirit, I suggest we carve pumpkins that night, and my wonderfully loving husband abliges. The poor man had to keep pausing his carving for pictures, and then washing his hands to take some of me. While he might have gotten to bed just a *tad* late, we produced two wonderful pumpkins, and made some great memories of our first Halloween of many.


Exhibit C: Perhaps my most recent and most patience-drilling from Rob's standpoint, was my sudden need for us to have fall pictures together. Since we are not floating in money at this point, and the idea was too instantaneous and called for immediate, drastic action, we decided to use my DSLR that Rob bought me for my birthday last year, instead of getting some professional pictures taken. (Photography is another one of my many, many enterprises that I have been experimenting within.)

I must add, to prove my point of his patience, that we had just arrived home from a morning and afternoon full of errands, I had very nicely instructed him on the placement of some Halloween decorations, and we were discecting a recipe for dinner. Of course I went through our closet and picked out matching clothes, dressed myself, Rob and the dogs in the "fall-y" outfits and we set off to take some pictures!

Now, we do not know anyone here yet, so I had to play photographer as well as subject.We oh so delicately balanced the $800 camera on the deck railing, with Rob and the dogs already posed, and I would run like the dickens to beat the ten-second selftimer and get posed in my position and smiling before the picture took. Surprisingly enough, we didn't get any of me as a flash, or my backside turned- I made it every single time. We actually got some really cute ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then, just when he thought he was finished, I noticed our garage had the ever-so-loved-by-photographers, old, peeling wood siding. Since we are not quite yet graced with children, I had Rob assist me in getting the dogs to sit still long enough for my quick-shuttered camera to snap a few good ones of them against this setting. Of course, this was to no avail.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Therefore, my sweet, sweet husband sat in, bare feet and all. I decided it was too good of a picture for me to miss out on, so I found our cheesy, 4 dollar plastic table-top tripod, set up the camera, only to find out the lense was too heavy for the tripod to support. Since our shoes were off for the picture, I used one to support the lense, set the 10 second timer, and ran to make the picture. While these aren't my favorite, some of them turned out pretty cute.


Photobucket Photobucket

As you can see, I am a needy, awfully creative, idea emitting beast and couldn't have been matched with a more perfect man for me. Congratulations if you got through all that. It really is more for me, to look back and remember when I am frustrated or angry with my true love. He does anything and everything for me; from the mundane to those things of utmost importance and I love him even more for it.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mark and Kels said...

You guys are the cutest newlywed couple ever. Way cuter than Mark and I were as newlyweds :).

Sheila said...

awww elk!

first of all, your camera took those? very nice! I'm definitely jealous. Secondly, those quilts are awesome. Jeremy's grandma gives us all one each year... we have about 15 (no joke). haha but we do use them all the time.

those dog-ums hate those outfits. ahha

love the first set of pics with the tree in the background.

way to go rob, for putting up w you : )